What a short and fantastic camping trip we had! Adam and I agreed that the key ingredient was the 12 minute drive from our house (by the way, we can see Snow Canyon from our house) to the campground. It made it so easy and low-key which is not usually what happens when you camp! Asher was the best camper baby by far! No screaming throught the entire night, like two other children that shall remain nameless did on their first camping trips. A precious few will remember tent camping in Rocky Point with baby Porter, or Jackson camping near Chehallis, Wa. Horrible, horrible nights that made me want to pack up and leave immediately! Anyways, back to Snow Canyon; burgers on the grill, marshmallows (or smashmellows, as Jackson so endearingly calls them) roasted by the camp fire, star gazing, french toast breakfast compliments of Daddy (thats another thing I love about camping, Adam does most of the cooking) and a great hike through Jenny's canyon. What great memories we made. Takes me back to camping at Usery Pass and McDowell Mountain with my family growing up. Far enough away that you were out of the city but close enough to make an overnighter very simple. Good times! Thanks again Mom and Dad, you've given me so much to pass on.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How fun! One of my favorite camping memories from my childhood comes from Snow Canyon--how lucky you are to live right by it! I love the picture of Asher with the ketchup! Very cute!
It looks like so much fun. We will definitely have to head up there with you guys sometime! By the way, I have no idea what you're talking about with Porter's first camping trip. He was a complete angel... if you had earplugs. : )
Hi Megan,
Adam sent Corbin your blog link and am glad you have one. It is so much easier keeping in touch this way..don't you think? I love the pop up camper. Me and Corbin want to get one of those one of these days. We love to camp too. What a fun trip and it must be nice that it's that close.
Camping trips are the best memory makers, and we haven't had one in forever :~( But looks like you had a great time. We'll be in AZ for Christmas, how bout you?
Hi Megan, I guess you found the First grade blog! Well I found yours and I hope you don't mind if I read. Cute blog and cute family. If you want to see my private blog email me and I'll send you an invite. kristenlharris@mac.com
Sounds so wonderful!!! I am glad you had fun on your camping trip. I makes me want to bust out some smashmellows right now. Love ya.
Post a Comment