Thursday, April 17, 2008

Easter Adventure in the trees!

I'm not quite a month late, but lets get real, its been a month since I last posted!  What a whirlwind we're living right now.  We leave for Puerto Rico in two weeks, and I'm a packing fool!  Our trip to the redwoods with the Ames was so perfect.  That doesn't mean it went perfect, but we couldn't ask for better traveling companions, the kids were mostly well behaved and we did get some sleep (Asher had a hard time sleeping).  My highlight, was our first day in Crescent City, and we ended it on the beach with a beautiful sunny day, great breeze for flying kites (Jackson couldn't quite grasp the concept of not having to run like a maniac to get the kite to fly!) and a fun beach bonfire, (no exploding rocks!- haha Hammons) with hot dogs and marshmallows!  Now that was a perfect day!  The boys favorite without a doubt was petting sharks at Ocean world (yes! its true).  All in all, a very happy, fun, memorable trip.

2 comments:

Barney Family Blog said...

Looks like so much fun! That is one thing we didn't do while we were there and I wish we would have. I'm glad you and Char are such good friends. That is what gets us through.

The Porter Post said...

What a fun day!! You look BEAUTIFUL by the way! Can you send me you phone # again? Are you getting ready for the big move? Love ya!