I've been trying to post this slide show for about a month now. Our Internet connection at the rental home has been very sporadic. We began with nothing for several weeks, then we finally received the software from our cell phone co. to access the web via our cell phones. Though we were excited that we no longer had to take the laptop to a nearby park, and sit at a bench to get a signal, we were very disappointed with the speed, or lack there of. Anyways that ended up not working out. And we lost internet again for about a week. Hence no post of the birthdays. But we now have a much better connection thanks to our kind neighbors who gave us permission to use there wireless modem. I literally tried uploading this slide show about 5 times, each time taking several hours, that's how slow it was. It would always freeze up towards the end. So I made it shorter and finally it works!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Looking back at the last 6 weeks.
Its funny to look at these pictures, that were taken only 6 weeks ago, and think about how much has changed. For one, we are a lot tanner. We were fresh from Oregon, with our pale, white, haven't seen the sun in 6 months, skin! Adams parents were so kind to fly with us to Puerto Rico and help us get settled, though I feel like they got shafted with not the best quality experience here. We did get to see a few sites with them, which was wonderful, but it was interspersed with 2 very long trips to Walmart (we're talking about 3 hours each), getting lost a lot, not to mention wandering around Old San Juan, overheated and dehydrated, looking for a parking spot. Everything was so new, and we were very naive to what was required to navigate this city. Needless to say, after our few experiences venturing out, I was very frazzled, and vowed to never go again. Well I think I'm over that now! I willing to navigate the city on my own, with a good map and a lot of planning ahead ( I still prefer to be with Adam), not to mention a continuous prayer in my heart. Living here requires a different perspective, than I've had in the past. RELAX, and enjoy the adventure, is how I'd sum it up! Adam and I find ourselves laughing often at the things that would have driven us crazy!
Posted by Megan Lofgran at 5:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am so glad I checked your blog out quickly....what a fantastic slide show. I am glad that you guys are having fun there...it is so beatiful...that water looks like a cozy bath. Ahhhhh....
Heather
Post a Comment