Ok, another enormous gap of time has passed and I haven't taken the time to record it.
SORRY!
Sheesh! I've been getting a lot of flack for that lately.
Do you not remember my day (and night) job is
SINGLE MARRIED MOTHER!
At this point we're in survival mode (and have been for the last 2 1/2 months) blogging hasn't been high priority. Anyways enjoy the recap.
I've been a little project slave, trying to keep myself busy and make time pass fast. Not to mention getting ready for a house full of Thanksgiving guests. There's nothing like an anticipated house guest to kick you "project butt" in gear (always works for me!). With the help of my mom, we recovered the hideous avocado chairs. Not so hideous anymore, don't you think!? We're both surprised how well we worked together; two stress cases don't always make a good pair, but it went GREAT and I couldn't have done it without her!
I made these pillows, along with the ones on the newly recovered chairs. This fabric was such a fantastic find; only $3 a yard! Makes me love them even more.
I saved our dining table from the fire that I almost threw it in (I was so sick of it) and decided to paint it. About ten coats later...it needs to be redone! I already have chipping happening (even after 2 coats primer about 3 of oil based paint and 4-6 of poly). The funny thing is the legs are shiny and the top is matte, because of the number of poly coats I did(less on the legs). So now I need to decide:
SHINY OR MATTE?
What do you think?
We had a fantastic Thanksgiving this year with the Lofgran family. With a total of 17 people, we gave new meaning to full house! We had a wonderful time, and made a fantastic meal together. Here are the mastermind: Kim, Pat, Summer and me (for some reason I look pregnant, but I'm definitely not!!).
Adam and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. He sent me these gorgeous roses, with a most tender note. It really was so very sweet and thoughtful, but I would have traded it all to have him home. This won't be remembered as one of my happier anniversaries.
The boys and I made the trip to Arizona for the annual Saguaro Lake Boat Parade that my parents have participated in for many years. It is so great to be able to join them again for fun family traditions. These pictures are from our picnic with my sister Devin at the Farm at South Mountain.
We couldn't stand being apart any longer. So Adam flew home for just an overnight to be with us. It truly was the most wonderful Saturday we've ever had as a family. Sleeping in, breakfast together, playing at the park. Holding hands, just so happy to be together.
Both boys learned to ride without training wheels!
Christmas was fantastic! Two solid weeks of being together and also enjoying our families in Arizona. Our gift to the big boys was 2 days at Disneyland, while family cared for Asher. We made great memories, but unfortunately Adam has all the pictures on his laptop to prove it.
AHHHHHH! All done! Sweet relief!
11 comments:
Great job on all your projects! They look amazing! LOL, I know I must be crazy to still want a baby out here, but if I wait till we get home, there will be a five year gap and that's just too much! How are you these days? When is your hubby done?
I can't believe you worked that magic with the fabric. I don't know a thing about recovering or sewing, so I am always impressed. I repainted a dining room table many moons ago. It is never the same. My vote is matte though, don't know why!
Megan, I am impressed! The chairs and pillows are beautiful! And I am trying to paint the girls dresser right now and it's not going as easily as I hoped it would! I sanded down twice now, got a primer, and hopefully will have it completed this week!! Looks like you guys are having fun though! Nate andI fell in love with St.George while visiting Utah recently, and have actually talked about POSSIBLY moving there in the future. Are you planning to stay? How is Adam, and how are you being a single married mom? You are AMAZING!
Wow looks like you've all been very busy! How exciting that you got some snow! You missed the 2-3 inches we got here this year.. It was a long week. :) Tell the boys I say hi and I miss and love you all!
I think we all have felt terribly for you this whole time--three months is a LONG, LONG, LONG time to be by yourself. Thankfully there is just a week left!--Barring Eakland, I'm assuming. (I was fuming when Nate told me how unfair they are being to Adam with his make-up clinic time--seriously, how can they be so insensitive and so power hungry as to do all that they are doing? I wish I could talk some sense into them--they could use it.)
But, all of that aside, you are amazing and have pulled it all off brilliantly. Your boys are secure in your (and Adam's) love for them, they are making some wonderful memories despite the hardship of having Adam away for so long, you have accomplished pulling off so many (beautiful) projects, not to mention hosting Thanksgiving and taking your boys on a trip to AZ. You are amazing! I wish I could do half of what you do.
I really miss you and hope that you are doing well. I loved all of the pictures--it is fun to feel connected to you through your blog. Hugs and hugs to you, bella.
dude I am so in love with that fabric.but you already know that. :)
how in the heck you guys sewed those covers I'll never know. they turned out fantastic though.
That is the cutest picture of Porter- holy cow funny.
Um... is that your mansion covered in snow?
also- you are in the home stretch of single parenting... don't give up! love the update... may I have some more?
There you are! Good to see all the joys!! You are a fantastic seamstress.. the projects need to keep on coming.. helps the time away fly.. beautiful!
I love your chair recover jobs! How fun to do white! So you cut your hair off? Wow! Looks great. No guilt with not keeping up on your blog. There are certainly more important things to be doing - even if it is enjoying some peace and quiet in front of the tv. You can do it! We saw Adam @ church Sunday - we need to have him over again....
Love all the cute projects you've done. I can't believe you recovered those chairs! They look so amazing. Can you believe Adam is almost done with school? I can't wait for this final semester to be done! Good luck with everything.
We did do the bird festival! It was fun. And I had no idea there was all that nature center stuff back there behind the park. Did you guys go at all?
i love your new pillows! fabulous taste! and i say go matte on the table!
Post a Comment