Last week as we were leaving for our trip to AZ, Jackson decided we needed to have a "hello party" since we were going to be gone a long time (4 days) and our friends would miss us. Isn't he so thoughtful??!! Well I thought he'd forget about it. But as soon as we got home, he grilled me all day about the party! So there was no getting out of it for me. So we had the neighborhood kids (8 of them) over for some snacks, and play. I was pleasantly suprised how well they got along. We ate apples and cheese with cookies and water (mostly we ate cookies and a apple or two on the side). And played played played! This last picture is of the kids making a bus (so clever!).
Last night we attended Swiss Days, here in Santa Clara. A carnival of sorts to honor the Swiss heritage of the pioneers that settled this area. I love that these people cherish their heritage so dearly, and preserve it well to share with us. This morning was another double header soccer game. Porter and Jackson, are both playing this year. Its been quite interesting, to say the least. None of us are natural born athletes, yet we encourage the boys to try hard, participate and support the team they've committed to. It's intense effort for us as parents too give up 2 nights a week for practices, not to mention EVERY SINGLE SATURDAY MORNING! No sleeping in for us on Saturdays until mid November (shoot that hurts). Its these experiences that give me tremendous gratitude for the sacrifices my parents made so that my sister and I could play softball. My father does not get much sleep with his occupation ( I mean is job, not the role of being the father of 2 girls!). But every summer, he sacrificed his sleep to coach our softball teams for at least 10 years. He was no average coach, Dad worked hard at molding us and 14 other girls into dedicated, positive players. He was passionate about it and he was good too! Not to mention the all the games mom cheered us on at, the early dinners the crazy late nights. Those are some of my fondest childhood memories, playing softball for Dad's team and making him proud. I love you so much Dad, thanks for all you gave for us!





4 comments:
Wow! Looks like you're really enjoying it there! Congrats on being settled again. I like the bullet list of catching up. That totally works. I love the Hello party. We had a party yesterday but only got as far as making the cupcakes. Didn't really celebrate anything but I think it still counted. It's great to see what you guys are up for - TFS!
What a great way to get to know the kids and parents in your neighborhood! You are such an AMAZING MOM!! So glad you guys are getting settled! Love the little tribute to your dad...Being a parent makes me realize how much my own parents sacrificed for me, and makes me appreciate everything they did a million times more!! And how they did that x 5, I'll NEVER know! :) Call me next time your in AZ...I don't know how you fit everything you did down here in 4 DAYS! Love you!
Looks like a lot of fun. You guys seem to have settled in nicely. How is Adam's work? We would love to come visit sometime!!!
Megan! It's so good to hear from you :) I wasn't sure if you even check my blog. It's nice to know that you do! How are things in the States? I miss it. OMAR never really hit, so we all got prepared with extra water, etc. and didn't even get rain, LOL.
Post a Comment