Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ahhhh, Valentines Day!




Our valentines day was lovely!  There were no over the top jestures or extravagent spending. Just small simple things that make us feel special and loved.  Porter made us a family valentine and forget to put Asher on it!  I thought it was so cute.  Then Adam made everyone heart shaped pancakes for breakfast.  He also gave me a sweet valentine of a gift certificate stating, "may be redeemed for one date project.  You pick the project and I'll bring the smiles!"  I guess you should know that I love house projects; crafts, refinishing furniture, ect.  Adam; not so keen.  So this really was an amazingly sweet jesture.  We had a pizza picnic lunch, and froze our little tootsies off!  Note to self, just because its sunny doesn't mean its warm (we're not in AZ anymore!).  The day ended with a surprise treat from me, a big chocolate chip heart cookie with homemade pink cream cheese frosting!  I was truly so pleased with how happy our day was.  I'm sure in the future a little bling will be fun to give/receive but thats another time and season.  For now our sweet small jestures were just what our family needed to feel special and loved!

  On a different note I feel I must pay homage to the valentine decorations.  It may seem trivialy,  but holiday decorating is a big part of who I am.  I LOVE decorating for the holidays!!  Maybe I learned it from Mom, who always decorates for the holidays (all of them!) with gusto!  It got us so excited for what the new season held.  I enjoy the change of scenery with each new holiday, using what I have to change things up a bit.  I know the boys think it is so fun to pull out the decorations, like opening a gift.  When the holiday is over, I love taking it all down and enjoying the refreshing change of clean and simplistic.  Or maybe its reminicent of my childhood bedroom on Fountain St., decorated in red and white hearts (I loved that room!).  Or maybe I'm going to miss my decorations because I don't know what the next year holds for us.  We may move a few times, we will probably only travel with the essentials, which unfortunately does not include holiday decor.  So I say goodbye to those sweet little red hearts, until we meet again! 


2 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your Valentine Day decorations! I don't know why, but I didn't get ours out this year, and now I'm regretting it.

Bekah: said...

love the hanging hearts! they look awesome with the tulle. cute, cute!!!