I think this past year has been Porter's best yet! He just keeps growing and maturing, and getting smarter and sweeter and funnier. He is very much the "big brother," in every sense of the meaning and all its glory. He's bossy and loud, yet isn't that his role? Even better he is a leader with compassion for his family and all around him. It is so interesting to watch how different Porter and Jackson demonstrate love for Asher. Porter is the nurturing caring big brother, making sure Asher is happy and his needs are cared for, its so wonderful as a mother to see tenderness in my son. Porter played soccer for the first time this year. Adam and I were very nervous for him. We just prayed that he would enjoy it; who cares about being a natural athlete. And he did! He loved it, and wants to play again, in St. George (wow, what a breakthrough!). Porter started Kindergarten this year too. This was something he was really looking forward to all summer long, not to mention riding the bus (Adam and I were not excited about that). It got off to a rocky start, with a minor trip to the principle's office. Again with change and handling it well, its just not his forte! But I'm happy to report that last month Porter caught the attention of his teacher in a very positive way and earned "Student of the Month!" We couldn't be more proud of him. He is so excited to learn new words and how they're spelled, he's always sounding things out to figure out which letters are in them (Jackson, of course is following suite). Numbers are a bit more challenging for him, but still doing so great! He is also making huge advances is learning to swim. The confidence and bravery he has demonstrated is so monumental for him! He is finally enjoying it! Now if he could only do the same in the bike riding department! One step at a time. Porter's major interest this year are by far Transformers and some crazy cartoon called Ben 10, which has totally taken over our lives. Holy Cow he just can't get enough of those two. Friends are very important to Porter also, particularly, Levi and Jaron. I hate to sound too positive and upbeat like everything is perfect. I believe in being real and preserving real memories for Porter. But honestly the good really does out weigh the trials, and we're all learning so much from each other. Unfortunately Porter will always be the curser that we learn on for the ones that follow. Hopefully he won't hold that against us! All I desire for him is to feel loved! Happy Birthday my sweet pea, I love you with all my being! Love, Mom
Thursday, March 13, 2008
1 day until 6
Posted by Megan Lofgran at 9:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have loved these posts this week. I can't wait for his birthday tomorrow!
Happy Birthday Porter! 6 already?! Megan, I love how you did these posts about him this week...so fun getting to know Porter a little better! I'll be sending you a little memory I have of him soon! Hope all is well, and know that I love and miss ya!!!!
Bryant was so excited to see Porter and Jackson's pictures. Its amazing what he remembers of our time in Oregon. Happy Birthday Porter!
Post a Comment