Wednesday, March 12, 2008

2 days until 6

Well if your not bored to tears, hang on, we've only got 3 more days.  Honestly I'm doing this to hold myself to it.  I never scrapbook, journal, preserve of any kind.  To say on a blog that everyone looks at that I'm going to post an entry for each year, just kind of puts it out there and knowing that people are expecting it, helps me stick to the personal commitment.  Like I said before, this exercise of reflection, has been such a phenomenal blessing!  My mother-in-law pointed out that I'm doing my genealogy by making these entries.  So thats got to be good right?  So after all that, my point is, I'm doing this for me, my family, Porter; so bare with me!

  I would characterize Porter's 4th year as one of tremendous growth and maturing.  Countless times Porter demonstrated such caring sensitivity.  I was pregnant with Asher, and very very ill.  Porter was always by my side comforting me, bringing me water and crackers on his own accord.  The compassion in that little boy is unbelievable!  One day we were driving down the road and came to an intersection with a homeless person standing there holding a sign.  Porter asked what he was doing, and became significantly distraught to know that this person did not have a home or food, wondering where his mommy was.  He still brings that person up when we pass that intersection.  Porter really matured at preschool as well, making lots of friends and gaining control of his feelings, as to not lash out when he felt too frustrated.  We had a wonderful summer, traveling all over together. He picked out a little stuffed stingray at the wildlife museum in St. George UT on one of our trips.  Porter named the stingray, "Octopus!"  Adam and I thought that was so clever.  Our favorites spots to spend time together were splash parks.  The friendship between Porter and Jackson really bloomed also, as Jackson was becoming more interested in make believe and anything Porter was doing.  I think they spent most of the summer running around in Superman underwear, eating blackberries from the wild bushes growing in our yard (yummy!), and playing in water.  Porters interest in sharks became very apparent.  Grammy even made him  shark costume for Halloween.  We got our first pet hamster; Porter named him Hamster Bamster, Bam for short.  Though Bam got loose and we never found him again.  Surprisingly, Porter was not very emotional about it.  Adam experienced his most challenging year of school yet, I was experiencing my most challenging pregnancy.  But for the most part, Porter was a very good boy.  I must say he is a stubborn little critter!  Yet he has a very innate sense of choosing the right.  My sweet little boy tries so hard!  Thats was counts!

0 comments: