Well the countdown continues! And I thought I'd post each day about the last 6 years with Porter! I read him yesterdays entry, and when I finished he put his arms around me and gave me a kiss and said "I'm still here to hold." It really is amazing how he teaches me daily! What a great reminder for me to appreciate and enjoy who he is now, not regretting or longing for the past or even waiting for the future. I can't control those, all I can do is relish my time with him now.
Porter wasn't your typical baby with milestones. As I said before, he was gigantic! He also did not walk till he was about 16 months old! That was extremely hard for to carry big ol baby till 16 months. On the flip side, he started talking very early. I've now dubbed him (along with Jackson, and I'm expecting the same from Asher) my "late walker, fast talker." It seems about 14- 15 months his vocabulary started expanding rapidly. Porter had the cutest words, I'll do my best to spell how they sounded! For instance strawberry: straw-ya-yo, bluberry: blue-garries, pineapple: pie-ya-yo. For the longest time he had this weird throaty word, that sounded like nothing and we just couldn't figure it out it kinda sounded like "ang-ang-a;" that turned out to be applesauce! Dadda was definitely first, Momma didn't come for a LONG time after. Porter was SO very busy, and wild personality! Just a little explorer. When he did learn to walk, it was with Adam who would pull him along with a rope, and slowly he gained confidence to the point were Adam could give a bit more slack then finally Porter was walking around just holding the rope! He was a very cautious child, not very adventurous physical (and still is!). He still slept great. Sleeping about 12 hours at night, and at least 2 long naps a day. He had great patience for being read to. He formed great attachment to his blanket, specifically the tag. One night my mom was babysitting while Adam and I went on a date. When she put him to bed, Porter kept saying "Grammy I need my kag, I can't find my kag." She had no idea what he was talking about, until we got home and clarified "kag" is tag! I remember many Saturdays, Adam mowing the long with Porter on his back and then eventually walking by his side, holding his hand as Adam pusher the mower (so cute!). I remember lots of drama too! Porter was pretty good at tantrums! I also remember being so grateful during those times to be a stay-at-home mommy, knowing NOONE would have the tolerance for his drama like Mom does. I remember my adoration growing daily for Porter, and as my 2nd pregnancy progressed, worrying that I could never have as much love for another child as I did for Porter!
2 comments:
I am with you, time flies too fast. Porter is such a cute boy. That is crazy about Asher phantom limb. But what I think is funny (and I think I can say this because I have 3 now too, and you'll probably agree) is that if that happened on my first baby I would have totally freaked out and rushed to the doctor, but with with the 3rd I would have done exactly what you did and wait it out. I just think it is funny how we grow and change in our role as mothers.
Your memories almost make me cry as I remember similar things with Collin and Olivia. (I'm such a sensitive one! Especially when I'm pregnant). They change so quickly. Nate has to remind me that it's a good thing, and that there are so many experiences waiting for them that will allow them to return to Heavenly Father. I sometimes just want them to stay little!
You have such a beautiful family. I can't believe that the semester is ending so soon (though it doesn't feel soon enough to Nate). I don't want everybody to move away! I know that we don't see you much, but you have been so good to me, and I really value your friendship. We should get together and have a cooking day where you teach me how to make a good main dish (you are such a GREAT cook) and I can teach you how I do cinnamon rolls--though I'm no expert! I know I keep saying we should get together, but I really mean it!
Thank you for being so wonderful. To end this novel, what do you say we plan on doing something sometime next week. Check out your schedule and get back to me. Have a wonderful day!
Post a Comment